Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Thoughts....

I overcame some things I thought I couldn't. I got less shy because I asked a few people questions during the interviews. I felt more comforatable talking to people i didn't know, and I'm a really shy person when it comes to talking to people I don't know. I wouuldn't normally go up to a stranger so it felt good when I got to talk to new people and get to know a little bit about them and their opinions of how they feel about things, like how do they feel about Oakland or about their community. They would give us their ideas of how they think of things. I went to places I've never been to and it was exciting to try new things, visit new places, and get to know the people and how they live, what kind of foods they would recomend, how they feel about diversity in their community, and things like that. The people gave us an idea of their life style. This class has helped me grow in a way I wouldn't have done on my own. Some of the things I regret is not talking to some of the people in my class, maybe cause I was too shy and didn't know what to tell them. I got along with everyone in the group they all really nice people. It was fun overall.

1 comment:

Myckie said...

I think the best part of this class was just going to places that we ourself didnt know were in our own community. I had no idea that Old Oakland and the Oakland Rose Existed and those were 2 really nice places to visit. I'm glad you liked the class

Good Luck~Jackie